Sunday, April 30, 2017

Everyday 1940s Style

~

Hi Everyone, 

I have been really inspired by 1940s looks lately. I have a couple of dresses and a pair of high-waisted shorts in my own collection that fit the era pretty well. I also have a couple of books about 1940s style that I like to read and re-read every now and then (If you are interested I will list the books at the bottom of the post). 

I decided to share some real pictures -though you can never really tell - of everyday women in the 1940s. I wanted to show the more casual side of the era and not just swim-suits, or nurses or actresses in formal attire. I love how simple the looks are and how big a part the hair and make-up plays in the overall style. I think there are some very cute feminine outfits from this era, but I also enjoy looking at pictures of women with their wide-leg pants, turbans and sunglasses. I hope you enjoy these pictures I found.

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~


~

~

~

~

~

~

~

If you want to see where the pictures originally came from click on the "~" symbol underneath each one. 

The books I mentioned earlier are:
- '1940s Hairstyles (second Edition) by Daniela Turuditch
- 'The Golden Age of Couture (Paris and London 1947 to 1957)' by Claire Wilcox
- 'Forties Fashion (From Siren Suits to the New Look)' by Jonathon Walford
- 'Style me Vintage: 1940s' by Liz Tregenza

Please let me know if you know of any other 1940s era style books that I should check out.

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie






No comments: